Monday, March 3, 2008

Update!

We had a great planning meeting last week and are so excited about the retirement party! Not as excited as Dad is, though. He has a notebook full of ideas for the party and former students he wants to be sure to get in touch with. Mom says it's practically all he talks about.

Dad has boxes upon boxes upon boxes of student papers and he plans to display them at the party. Some of the more entertaining prospects include students' "Mr. Loyd's Class Reunion" stories, "Autobiography" stories and the annual class humor magazines. Many of these will be laid out at the party for students to peruse.

Other classic elements of Mr. Loyd's class will also be represented. He wants to read a short Jack Tale. He wants to have a short sing-along. He wants to have an area for string tricks. And he wants to conclude with a tour of the Nature Trail for anyone who's interested. He's even hoping to catch a snake in honor of the event.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I am definitely planning on being at this retirement party! Mr. Loyd you are the BEST! I loved your class in the 3rd grade. My regret is that my daughter starts school in August this year so she will miss the enjoyment of being one of your students in the 3rd grade!!

Your class was MY FAVORITE CLASS OF ALL MY SCHOOL YEARS!! I enjoyed school that year so much that I didn't want to miss any days. . I was EXCITED to go to school because you & Mrs. Horne made learning fun.

I remember nature walks, finding black snakes, going to the old school house & learning those "old timey games", playing 4-square, practicing the string games, music, your guitar, singing and I was learning the whole time (you are the bomb as they say nowadays).

I did come to one of your singalongs two years ago with one of my nephews (Josh O) and I won't miss out on your party in May!! Can't wait to see you and some of my old classmates again!!

See ya soon!
Cindy Taylor Oakley

Elizabeth Ragsdale said...

Hey Mr. Loyd, it's Elizabeth (Bruce) Ragsdale. I have grown up with you and your family and what a wonderful family you have. You are each special to me and my family. I am excited for you and will see you at the party! I can remember making my first straight A report card in your class! You are truly an example of how more teachers should be. Sandhills Farm Life will not be the same without "Mr. Loyd". You were a wonderful teacher and are also an outstanding person. See ya there!
- Liz